Custom build disaster

Proxy Worm 11:30 29 Oct 03

I bought a custom build pc of a friend of the family (not any more). The problems started the day i got it home as over the next few months he had to reboot XP four times, then we decided to tell him to give our money back and get lost. He agreed to this but only would give us ?!200 for a ?1600 pc. WE said to him that give us that amount then give the rest later, now we phoned him and he says i will give you a hundred only, is there anyway of reporting conning like this or not?

Thanks, Bally

goonerbill 12:19 29 Oct 03

not being legally minded, not sure what legal options ya got apart from taking him to a small claims court.

Depends on what is wrong with he computer.Having to reboot XP 4 times in a few months is very good for a Microsoft O.S. If this is your only complaint,I doubt very much if you are entitled to any refund.After all, the causes of your rare reboots may be down to user error, and nothing to do with the computer.

Djohn 17:21 29 Oct 03

XP is a very stable system and should not require rebooting because of a fault. In fact 98se is also very stable. It may be due to a conflict of programs on your PC and not down to hardware. Why are the reboots happening, do you get an error message at all or is it down to the screen freezing? If you can post a thread in the helproom describing your system components and any problems your having, someone may be able to help. j.

Rayuk 17:24 29 Oct 03

Are you sure you dont mean reinstal not reboot?

Jester2K II 17:46 29 Oct 03

Thats what i thought. I assumed Proxy Worm meant REINSTALLED not REBOOTED....

-Beb- 17:52 29 Oct 03

That makes a lot more sense. Have you got a receipt for the computer or not? becuase if you haven't then you don't have much proof that you paid that much for it

Proxy Worm 19:16 29 Oct 03

Soz i meant re-intsall. So there nothing really i can do as i have just got conned out of ?300!

Jester2K II 19:19 29 Oct 03

Well tell us whats wrong and the spec and see if we can help........ Start a new thread though...

Proxy Worm 19:40 29 Oct 03

Ok i will start it in the morning. Bsic were that in the end the processer was out of place a bit and so i had to re-install all my stuff agian and again four times.

Proxy Worm 19:40 29 Oct 03

Ok i will start it in the morning. Bsic were that in the end the processer was out of place a bit and so i had to re-install all my stuff agian and again four times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5