Currys.co.uk TOSHIBA A10-203 (Product Code - 95915

john_brum 22:35 30 Dec 03

Does this product exist?
I have sent the following email to currys:

Dear Sirs,

Could you shed any light on the TOSHIBA A10-203 (Product Code - 959157 £499.97) laptop computer which has been advertised on your website since around 25th Dec 2003. It is obviously a very good price and has been listed as OUT OF STOCK every time I visit your site. If there is no stock and indeed the product is not available in stores surely you should remove it from your site. It's listing merely frustrates wanna be buyers and I wonder if it is simply a ploy to get more visitors onto your site and into your stores.

I welcome any correspondence you may provide.

Patr100 22:59 30 Dec 03

So it is out of stock just after xmas.What a surprise. Why don't you ask then when they expect it to be back in stock? If you don't want to wait then there are many other sources. I fail to see the problem.

Forum Editor 00:03 31 Dec 03

Not, I suspect, at this price. At £499.97 this machine is something of a bargain, and I doubt that you will find anyone else selling it at anywhere near the same price.

I doubt that accusing the company of a ploy is going to endear you to them, but it will be interesting to see if you get a response.

spuds 13:24 31 Dec 03

Just checked the new Index special valid from 26th December until 16th January 2004 catalogue. Surprising how many very 'good buys'are out of stock. One particular catalogue number that I checked, both on the internet and in-store comes back as something entirely different to that which is advertised.Catalogue item and price £50.00, but item that comes up is a complete computer system at a very much higher price.The specials catalogue even refers to a previous catalogue number. Checked the previous catalogue, but where is the item, not in there. In-store staff totally un-helpfull, but I put this down to pressure of Christmas sales and returns.

davidg_richmond 07:39 02 Jan 04

The a10-203 is a long ago end of line lappy - hence the price - looks like it's been taken off the site now.

john_brum 15:24 02 Jan 04

yes, it's gone from the site. I received no response whatsoever from currys. I just find things like this frustrating and I suppose the saying "you only get what you pay for" is appropriate. I'll stick to my desktop for the time being. I dare say Laptops will be less than £500 by the end of 2004 anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…