Currys.com

steven_frost 09:01 13 Nov 04

After having to close my earlier thread down i will explain again.

I ordered a Canon EOS 300D a very nice camera for the price and still getting alot of good reviews. So after the tax man gave me a rebate (thank you mr tax man ) i ordered it, I phoned currys to ask when its likely to be delivered and got told Wednesday at the latest, Great as i need to do a photoshot on saturday, well thursday i got an email confirming my order then on friday another email saying they were sorting it out and to wait for the 3rd email, the weekend comes and goes nothing monday still nothing tuesday nothing then on the phone to them were i was told 5-7 working days explainded to them that i was told it would be here wednesday still i got told 5-7 working days so i waited phoned thursday spoke to some one thier who said i would still have to wait but if i did not hear anything to phone back on friday afternoon which i did where he told me that their was a back log and i would have to wait so now i not best please and need to know were to go from here, to be honest Currys.com will be the last place i order anything from again any advice would be great.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:29 13 Nov 04

I fyou need something urgently or for a specific date, it is your responsibility to go to a shop and buy it over the counter then you know that it is ready. it is no use needing something for a 'photoshoot' and then expecting that it will be delivered promptly within 2 or 3 days. If the 'photoshoot' was that important you would have made more concrete plans.

G

Al94 09:30 13 Nov 04

I think you will find that to be a fairly typical experience of Currys. You will get your camera but don't expect efficiency.

steven_frost 09:56 13 Nov 04

The problem is if they were up front and open about the problems then i would have not sold my old one which would not have caused this problem, the other reason for buying on line is it is cheaper than going to the shop in fact near 150 pounds cheaper

steven_frost 10:34 15 Nov 04

I shall never shop with currys again after today they've now come clean and told me it's out of stock and they won't have any till some time this week but the stupid thing about it has been in stock most of last week and when i ordered it it was in stock the only up side is they have dropped the price by £20 which i will get back can anyone explain were i stand with this and can i get my delivery money back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…