Currys return policy

zincy 14:56 26 Apr 06

Hello there

I brought a Lexsor 32 LCD in January from Currys. A fault developed within the first week, it was deemed faulty so a new unit was sent and the old one was taken away. However this new unit (same model) has now developed a new fault. I spoke to mastercare which deals with their repairs and they said they see no reason for me to have a refund or an exchange? I was wondering a new TV developing 2 faults within 4 months is not a good enough reason?
So my question is am I right to ask for a refund or exchange? As I have lost faith in this make (Lexsor), as this has happened on 2 different units.

Thanks
zincy

spuds 15:45 26 Apr 06

Within the first six month, consumer law is more in your favour, as any faults are deemed as at time of manufacture. Having said that, you cannot expect to have a brand new item everytime the previous item should breakdown, unless of course its unrepairable. Curry's may offer a repair or replacement, depending on the problem, and its for you to negotiate with them.Stating that you have lost faith in the make, doesn't quite alter things much.

Were the faults different or identical, because if they were identical, then I would contact the manufacturers, to see if there is a problem with that particular model.

Your rights click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…