Current Poll

Mango Grummit 15:23 07 Aug 03

This one's going to cause a real upset with the resident complainers. There seems to be nothing to complain about ..... or is there?

C'mon PCA, don't start getting clever with us!!

-pops- 15:32 07 Aug 03

<:-))))

Wes Tam ;-) 16:04 07 Aug 03

Mango Grummit you must be 'resident complainer no.1' to be able to complain that there's nothing to complain about <:-))))

John-259217 16:41 07 Aug 03

What about those of us (alright just me then!) using GPRS?

Ok, I have broadband or dialup access elsewhere but it does say "CURRENTLY ACCESSING" which I`m "currently" doing on my laptop/mobile.

I`m clearly being unfairly left out!!!!!!!!!!

Mango Grummit, is this enough of a complaint for you?! :-))))))

I. T. Mastermind 16:48 07 Aug 03

So I wonder what the Forum Editor is acessing the Internet through!

Mango Grummit 16:48 07 Aug 03

You have not visited this site too often I take it. I have been here for the (nearly) three years this site has been running.

Critics annoy me, they need no training or special skills. No talent for anything at all actually. To be clear: this was a joke which most regulars will have understood.

I'll look out out for you in the helproom :o)

Kind regards and best wishes, M

Megatyte 17:20 07 Aug 03

Lighten up Mango. The reply from Wes Tam ;-) was meant in the same light-hearted way as yours'

AH

Wes Tam ;-) 17:25 07 Aug 03

Mango Grummit "You have not visited this site too often I take it. I have been here for the (nearly) three years this site has been running" - WRONG!!! I, too have been here that long.

"Critics annoy me, they need no training or special skills" - what training or special skills did you acquire to start this string? ;-)

or perhaps you thought the PCA servers needed filling up :-)

Mango Grummit 17:36 07 Aug 03

Profuse apologies China. It's turned into a (self constructed) elephant trap, and a complete waste of band-width. Sorry, pull it at you discretion.

I refuse to say my point has been proved .. we are all getting a bit boring now.

Again FE, sorry, please forgive me!!

M

slimpickins 19:02 07 Aug 03

...obviously the PCA online regulars are more likely to be kean Internet users and more likely to have broadband but even so the fact that almost 2/3rds have it is surprisingly high.

I would like to know what speed people on dial-up are connecting at. The areas where broadband is unavailable are also cursed by the installation of DACS boxes which typically reduce speed to 28kbps. In my opinion this is a bigger issue than the availabilty of ASDL etc.*

The universal response of BT to complaints about DACS boxes is to recommend ISDN, the popularity of which is shown by the pathetic 1% statistic.

*I have a lot of info on this if anyone at PCA is interested.

powerless 19:13 07 Aug 03

I see a repeating comment on the horizon.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…