Cube247 - is it really so bad?

Lexa 14:57 22 Nov 07

I'm really worried. I just bought a Cube247 PC and it arrived this morning. It's the latest Wolf, and it looks amazing.

I then came on here, and saw some really positive reviews for 2005, but then since then everyone seems to slate them.

Does anybody have the Wolf system? If so, are you happy with it?

I upgraded it somewhat, and then opted for XP Home Pro instead of Vista. Will that support the full 4gig of RAM?

I suppose I'll only know how good it is once I've cabled it all up and loaded a few programs, but for now I'm worrying that I may as well have burnt my money for all the confidence I have in Cube.

Any thoughts?

SANTOS7 15:09 22 Nov 07

4GB of RAM is the maximum memory that the 32bit copy of XP can handle. There is however a 2GB limit each application can have in the virtual address space.

With 4GB of physical RAM many motherboards will reserve at least 512MB in the address space. That is why it will only show ~3.5GB of RAM.

Lexa 15:13 22 Nov 07

Thanks - I'm a bit clueless though, so does that mean that it will support it? The phrase 'address space' isn't something I'm familiar with - I'm sorry! :-(

Bearing in mind that I'm not sure if XP Home Pro is 32 or 64bit...

Thanks so much for your response though - much appreciated!

SANTOS7 15:58 22 Nov 07

Hey Lexa not that it really maters but it's either HOME or PRO and its probably the 32bit version, if you do have any real memory issues just take one of the modules out and keep it for a spare.
The only fair test is to get it up and running get it loaded up with a few progs and see how it performs if you do have any issues i will be glad to help.........

Lexa 16:06 22 Nov 07

Lol...I'm such an idiot :) Thank you, again, for your help. I will let you know how it all goes!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…