Cube247 Columba?

Kalpna 18:18 18 Nov 05

Does anyone have any experience of the Columba package from Cube247?

My work is semi-professional 3D animation, video and 2D graphics. I recently approached Cube for advice on a new system and was asking about the Serpens. I told them what my work was, but that I wouldn't be using it for games. They said the Columba was a better idea for me, but that I should upgrade the graphics card to the ATI Sapphire 800x.

What do you think?

Also is it wise to trust all of your work and OS to a Raid Stripe config. Sure, it's fast, but if one drive hiccups you've lost all of your work, and if your OS is on it you really do have to start from scratch.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Kalpna 18:21 18 Nov 05

The reason for the observation about the Raid Stripe config is that all of the cube systems seem to have their Seagate data storage drives in Raid Stripe. I was wondering why none of the reviews point out the risks of this.

vinnyT 15:30 19 Nov 05

Don't know of the machine you specify, but, yes the upgrade in G card would be worth it (I think, from their ads, that they use the ati x300's a lot).

If you decided to get this then with regards the raid config, I would either, get them to a)install a 3rd hd for data only b) install a 3rd hd yoursely (easy and maybe cheaper, but if you have to return the pc, remember to take the one you installed out) or c) ask them not to build the pc with raid in the first place.

From what I have read online in this forum and others, they seem to have a good reputation.

Hope this is of some help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…