Cube Computers website problems

Spiny 21:05 05 Mar 07

As I was seriously considering buying a PC from Cube, I am getting increasingly concerned about the company's inability to sort out it's web site problems. Does anyone have any evidence that the company is in trouble? Can they really continue to trade without a web site? They must be losing a shed load of business.

Forum Editor 00:06 06 Mar 07

is never an encouraging sign. I haven't heard any bad news though, so I'm afraid I can't comment.

bennyhillslovechild 00:13 06 Mar 07

I bought a new PC from Cube last week. (it arrived Tuesday). I was initially put off by the lack of website options, but I called them and specified what components I wanted (in particular a better case, theirs looks awful so I requested the Antec P180B) My PC arrived as stated, and I have to say that despite me ordering a different case to the norm, the cable tidying and general internal organization was exemplary. Altogether I am extremely pleased with my new system, and would recommend Cube again. So yes, they may be having website difficulties at the moment, but my PC arrived 3 days after ordering, with the parts I specified and the general built was first class. I recommend them

bennyhillslovechild 00:18 06 Mar 07

FE: it's not so much that their website has disappeared, but they are having problems with the website creators and have a temporary website up in the meantime. As I said in my previous post, I had no problems with ordering a PC over the phone (except perhaps a long "On hold" time") and so far have had no complaints regarding my new system.

bennyhillslovechild 00:23 06 Mar 07

I would just mention one Caveat: Cube for some reason installed a supervisor password onto the BIOS, which stopped me making changes. However, clearing the BIOS via the jumper sorted this and allowed me to start overclocking.

FatboySlim71 21:49 08 Mar 07

I had a Cube PC ONCE, if I remember correctly the BIOS password was letmein

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…