Cube 247 system

inmymind 18:37 24 Jul 08

Hey all, what do you think of this system?

click here

and also what are cube247 like?

Cheers

GaT7 23:24 24 Jul 08

What are you going to use the system for? Please tell us all activities, especially if you're going to play games & which ones.

A search for cube247 in Consumerwatch click here. G

inmymind 08:04 25 Jul 08

Need it for general use, internet, storing & editing photos and videos, light gaming, music, media centre etc..

GaT7 14:25 25 Jul 08

The system you linked to will be fine for what you'll be using it for, except for graphics-intensive games.

Btw, value-wise it appears not too bad for a readymade PC. However, if you were to build your own, you'll probably get the best of both worlds - quality components & value. Prices of most components have fallen so much recently, that it's becoming increasingly difficult to buy a readymade PC that's better value than a self-build.

Coming back to the system, what games do you play/thinking of playing on this PC?

I'm sure you can appreciate the difference between 'light gaming' & playing 'heavy' games occasionally. E.g. If you're thinking of playing the heavy-on-resources Crysis on medium-high settings, you'll need a much better graphics card (GPU) than the 8600GT that ships with this PC. On the other hand, if it's something 'light' like the SIMS, then this GPU would be more than adequate. G

FatboySlim71 21:33 25 Jul 08

"and also what are cube247 like?"

My opinion of Cube 247 was not very good, but that's my opinion. I certainly wouldn't consider using them again as I found their PC's at best mediocre.

A much better place to purchase from IMO is Cougar Extreme, top quality PC's with a vast choice of build options/components. I got a PC from them around 4-5 months ago and I am delighted, top quality build inside and out.

click here

inmymind 08:17 26 Jul 08

thanks fatboyslim71, thats the impression of cube i'm getting. Have you had any experience of dinopc?

FatboySlim71 09:18 26 Jul 08

"thanks fatboyslim71, thats the impression of cube i'm getting. Have you had any experience of dinopc?"

Sorry inmymind I have never had any experience of dinopc or heard of them. :-)

Regarding Cougar Extreme, if you do a search on here for Cougar Extreme you will see how highly they are thought of. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac