CTX Warranty Replacements

In Autumn 2000 I purchased a CTX PR760F. In August 2001 it was replaced under the 3yr next day onsite warranty - which was great - but now the replacement has failed!

It has been just over 3 years since I purchased the original monitor, but less than 3 years since I received the replacement.

CTX will not replace the replacement as it is more than 3 years since I bought the original. Is this fair? I would have expected that I should get 3 years for each replacement warranty, or is this too much to ask?

Regards,

[email protected]

Hunte® 17:04 10 Dec 03

The manufacturer warranties will usually run from the date of original purchase (or a time of approx 3 months/90days if less).

spuds 19:25 10 Dec 03

I have used CTX equipment on many occassions, and I have found them to be very open and customer friendly. What they say is correct, as I was in a similar situation as yourself a couple of years ago.If you think about it, the warranty could be never-ending. Every three years you could obtain another monitor, should your previous one fails 35 months later, from replacement/repair instead of original purchase date.

Thanks for your responses. Spuds, that was the argument that they used, but I would expect a monitor to last at least three years. I see their point of view though. Looks like we'll just have to shell out for a new one!

I have to say CTX have always been very helpful, and when covered by the warranty they replaced my monitor the next day, so I shouldn't complain. I just wanted to check that what they are saying are correct and fair.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…