CRUNCH TIME! Lenovo vs Asus! Help me chose my laptop!

arkatie 16:15 28 Jul 14

Okay crunch time. I am getting one of these laptops for sure I am hoping to study music at university and would use the laptop for my studies and for leisure. It would need to be able to cope with photo, video and sound editing, music notation software, word processing (so a good keyboard is a must), video streaming, and heavy other internet use all in combination with intense multitasking and remain FAST. It also should be able to last me a good few years without problems. Should i get this one: click here has a 4th gen rather than 3rd gen processor but no graphics card or this one: click here has a 3rd gen processor but has a graphics card.

Which one will be better for my needs, faster and more durable; the lenovo? or the asus? Vote and please help me!

Which which

john bunyan 17:03 28 Jul 14

Just an opinion but I like John Lewis for their 2 year guarantee and Toshiba as a brand. Worth a look at the J Lewis site:

J Lewis

john bunyan 17:10 28 Jul 14

PS with my link you could also get (essential) a 1TB USB back up drive. You can of course get a USB keyboard if you need that to be to your needs. My grand daughter (an undergrad at UCL) has an older Toshiba and due to clumsiness (not the machine's fault) has had 2 replacement screens, 2 replacement keyboards, a new power adapter. My point is that do check that the brand you choose s repairable in case of damage (although no one could be as clumsy as my dear granddaughter!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant