Crucial- a word or two of praise

rewired 11:02 06 Dec 04

Last Friday, after viewing their most helpful web site, I placed an order at 19.45. This morning 0720 product arrives ,as described , popped in machine and working perfectly 0730.
This company deserves to succeed.(No I do not own shares ,work for them or fancy the MD,s daughter)

Stuartli 11:23 06 Dec 04

You've joined the many who expressed similar praise for Crucial in these forums.

I've never heard one word of criticism about the company, which is a model for all other online retailers.

Smiler 12:27 06 Dec 04

Yes I've had similar experiences with Crucial. Very good service.

vaughan007 12:55 06 Dec 04

Crucial are one of the best online shops in my opinion.

I dont think I have heard of anybody who has had a problem with them. I am sure somebody has, but its unusual.

Modo 16:10 06 Dec 04

Ordered 3 wildly different modules late Friday afternoon.

To my utter amazement all 3 arrived by post this morning at 09.45.

All 3 working in an hour and most of that was because of the very tight space I had inside an old Dell Dimension 4100.

Lettervanman 21:54 07 Dec 04

Do I detect service is improving with the postal service?

Well, I've just sent back a 512mb ram module that diagnosed as showing faults and it's over 18 months since purchase date. They have said they'll replace it and refund the postage paid to get it to them.

There's service for you. If you do hear back from me, something will have gone wrong. But I doubt it.

Stuartli 13:31 09 Dec 04

My daughter bought some memory from Crucial (ordered by me) for a Sony Vaio owned by her fiance around November two years ago.

The following June, when they came back to the UK for a holiday, the memory was fitted to the laptop and didn't work.

I contacted Crucial who were a bit surprised as it was the correct version (according to their listings) but the Scottish lassie who dealt with the matter said she would check it out again.

She rang back a few minutes later to say that, in fact, there were two types of memory for this particular Vaio and immediately offered to replace it with the correct version.

This was early evening on a Friday - the new memory turned up on the following Monday....:-)

Maturin 18:26 05 Jan 05

Ordered memory on 2-1-2005 (Bank Holiday). Received memory this morning (36h later) and 4 hours before email confirming order completed!

Installed memory at lunchtime (20 minutes): now proud owner of P4 2.8GHz with 1GB RAM.

Thank you

brickie5 16:33 06 Jan 05

Having bought both pc and flash memory, I have nothing but praise for Crucial.

brickie5 16:37 06 Jan 05

Having bought both pc and flash memory, I have nothing but praise for Crucial.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…