Crucial Memory

techie4me 16:52 24 Mar 08

Bought 1GB of RAM for a work laptop yesterday & cost was £14.
RAM seems to have come done massively in the last few months.
It’s so easy to buy from Crucial who's site is so easy to navigate round.

I know people have mentioned it before, but they offer a great service & great prices!

Colin 17:25 24 Mar 08

You're right about Crucial. There's is the only memory I buy. However, it pays to shop around as sometimes you can find their memory cheaper from places such as dabs.com or overclockers.co.uk even including delivery.

spuds 20:11 24 Mar 08

Ebuyer may even stock cheaper Crucial memory.

A couple of weeks ago, I risked purchasing a couple of brand new PC133 512MB memory chips from the USA. £8.01 each on auction, and that included delivery to the UK within 9 days.Both fitted into the computer now, and it runs like a dream.

DogsPaws 15:34 26 Mar 08

Absolutely agree - Crucial has excellent service and site. I'm a scared newbie when it comes to digging around in the innards of my computer but following links and advice on PCA forums led me to Crucial. Result - now the proud owner of a still-working (lol, important for me, I'm frightened of "breaking" it!) computer with extra RAM.

Cheers!

Totally-braindead 17:45 26 Mar 08

You can't actually break a PC by using the wrong RAM. All that happens is either it won't see the RAM or if the new memory is the only stuff installed it won't startup or it will startup and appear to run but give you lockups and strange errors.

I buy from Crucial too and one of the reasons apart from their guarantee it will work is that quite often you don't get enough info on other RAM makes to tell you if it is the same or not.

Buy from elsewhere if you like but if you do be certain you know exactly what you need and what your PC will accept.

techie4me 11:51 27 Mar 08

Just had it delivered.
Great service, but above all great price.
RAM seems to tumbling in cost at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…