Credit card statement- possible Scam?

jack 09:28 18 Sep 08

I have had the following E-mail- today and in the past'

----------Dear Valued Customer:
ID: *********

As requested, we are sending you this account statement with information on the transactions carried out with your credit card between 1/1/2008 and 8/1/2008.

Please find the account statement with the detailed list of the transactions attached to this message. You can view the document or print it out by simply saving the attached file to disk and opening it for viewing.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

At your service,
August Dyer
Manager of Visa / MasterCard
Credit Card Services
--------------------
I have deleted it as I have not requested a statement and I note also
'Visa/Mastercard services '
- 2 firms surely.
A look on Google for a possible scam did not turn any thing up-
So if you have not asked for a statement my advice is dump it.

lofty29 09:49 18 Sep 08

This ytpe of thing is always dodgy, never open it, delete it straight away, your bank, credit card will never send this type of email.

spuds 11:48 18 Sep 08

I think "Dear Valued Customer" is the sure giveaway :o(

rob3600 06:58 19 Sep 08

I agree with both lofty29 and spuds DO NOT OPEN I always delete these types of emails.

tillybaby 07:08 19 Sep 08

No financial establishment would ever send you an e-mail, what scares me though is the details of your transactions that they sent you,

Does this mean that someone really does have unauthorised access to your account?

jack 10:29 19 Sep 08

attachment unopened- there is no way of knowing.
It is likely that there is no account info there - as pointed out banks don't send E-mail of this nature.
The attachment is/was likely a nasty of some sort.

Stuartli 13:04 19 Sep 08

There are several variations of this type of scam e-mail at the moment.

As always, never open any e-mail purporting to provide/update your financial details - just delete.

The only e-mails I receive from a financial institution are from the Halifax and I know exactly which are the genuine ones...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…