Credit card protection against laptop damage

ajm 00:21 03 Jul 03

I recently bought a £1199 laptop from PC World and a few days later ( well, three days later) the laptop slipped from my lap and fell on the lounge floor. No major damage except the backlight was dim. Phoned up Sony and they picked it up. A few days later, i receievd an email saying that the laptop was accidentally damaged and i would need to pay £764 to get it fixed. GULP!!!!

I paid for the laptop with my Halifax Platinum Visa Card and remembered that they offer upto 100 days protection against theft and damage. I called them up and was sent a claim form. Filled it out and sent with all relevant repair quotes and receipt and Credit card statement. It has been a few days now and i expect to hear from them in the next few days.

What happens next and would i be successful in getting the laptop repaired by Halifax Insurance.
I unfortunately do not have Home contents insurance so cannot claim under contents insurance.

Has anyone claimed on credit card and was it a simple and straight forward procedure or did they occur bumps on the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…