Credit card problems - cheque as an alternative?

Kellogg 19:50 12 Apr 05

I wonder if someone might be able to advise me on this small quandary.

I am wanting to make payment of a PC but unfortunatley the supplier in question is unable to accept credit card orders as their PDQ (?) maching is currently faulty and cannot be certain as to when it will be up and running again. In the meantime the alternative forms of payment are personal cheque or bank transfer. It would be no problem on my part to pay by cheque by I am reluctant as I'm quite sure that paying by credit card is a safer and more secure method.

Are there particular reasons not to pay by cheque especially with regards to the equipment being purchased and the large cost involved?

Kellogg 19:51 12 Apr 05

Apologies for the double post, I hit the button twice.

smokingbeagle 20:00 12 Apr 05

You'd not have protection afforded by the Consumer Credit Act nor the help given by CC companies if things go wrong.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:32 12 Apr 05

I would not touch them with the world's longest barge-pole. If this was true the bank would have them up and running in 48hrs max. If they speak without forked tongue they could do a manual CC entry. You have been warned.

Al94 21:32 12 Apr 05

Agree with Gandalf - walk away!

Al94 21:33 12 Apr 05

PS Might we enquire who the vendor is?

Kellogg 22:17 12 Apr 05

The suppliers name is Elite PC Systems. This situation is all the more disappointing as the regular communication I've had so far has been excellent and I had every confidence in going ahead with my order. I feel inclined to believe that there is a genuine problem with accepting credit card payment but of course I can't be sure.

Starfox 22:33 12 Apr 05

GANDALF knows best!

No slur on Elite Systems intended but sounds a dodgy situation to me,credit cards are your friend if things go wrong.

Kellogg 22:43 12 Apr 05

Thanks for the helpful comments. I'm disappointed of course but I'd best not take any chances.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…