Credit card delivery address, PCNextDay

VNAM75 21:46 26 Jun 06

I want to order a PC for my cousin from PCNextDay.co.uk. Can someone tell me

1) Are they a reliable company and are their PCs good quality - the pc I want to get is £586
click here

2) I want to pay with my HSBC credit card but want the PC delivered to my cousin's address. Will it be possible to have the goods delivered to my cousin's house even though the credit card holder is me?

spuds 22:42 26 Jun 06

1) Know nothing about this company,other than by hearsay, so cannot help you there.Sorry

2) Some companies will deliver to any address. Others companies will only deliver to the credit card holders address for security and protection reasons. Best to check with the seller, when you order the computer.

VNAM75 22:55 26 Jun 06

Oh, OK so its the seller that decides not the bank..thanks. I have emailed them and should get a reply in the morning.

They are a good company according to some members here and the pc above is very good value for <£600.

rdave13 19:06 27 Jun 06

Bought this click here beginning of January. Excellent pc and good delivery service (ie on time). Found customer service very helpful prior to buying.Didn't need them after..:)

They are very keen on the delivery address and the designated person must sign for it otherwise they will not allow delivery completion. Overall, a good company and have used them often for ram, gpu's upgrades etc.

ade.h 19:48 27 Jun 06

Throughly excellent company. My neighbour's Zoostorm arrived on the stated date, nicely packaged, all present and correct. I was relieved that I had obviously chosen a good supplier, as I would have look a bit amateur if he had been mucked about!

ade.h 19:49 27 Jun 06

It was this one click here

VNAM75 22:14 27 Jun 06

Thanks. I'm very put off from MESH, find Evesham quite pricey, and wouldn't really buy from the high street ie. PC World, curry's etc. Glad this company seems pretty good.

Had a reply from PCnextday, they said they can deliver to an alternative address which I will need to specify when ordering. But surely I dont have to be there to sign it?

ade.h 22:18 27 Jun 06

Someone will have to sign, of course, but whether it requires the addressee's signature depends on the courier company's policy.

spuds 22:26 27 Jun 06

Normally the courier will want a 'named' person to sign for the goods. Again, you will have to sort this out with the supplier.

VNAM75 22:48 27 Jun 06

Oh, OK. I will specify the name of the addressee when I order.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…