creative zen, what do you think about it?

shamz 19:45 18 Oct 04

i am thinking of buying a creative zen, portable media centre, but i am thinking what use is it going to do me and i think it is a good product but i am worried about what others say about it. do you think it is a good product and what features do you like about it. i need help!!!!!

TomJerry 21:18 18 Oct 04

If you got money, buy it and enjoy it. But I think you will soon get tired with it.

As for usfulness and value for money, I rather spend the same on a good new Palm PDA Tungsten T5 with a large additional SD memory card (1Gb).

This PDA can play movie files and you can do alot of other things with it.

t.long 14:10 19 Oct 04

I think if they can find some way to copy DVD movies and other things to it, then it will be good for people like myself who spend a couple of hours a day on the train.

At the moment thought it seems as if copy protection will scupper these devices, at least for the time being.

TomJerry 15:38 19 Oct 04

just need correct software and codec

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 17:44 19 Oct 04

i quite like the look of these,but again its just better to buy a pda and buy a 2GB card for around £80,ill probly get a hp ipaq 4150,these you can play movies with,tomjerry - yeah thats the thing, can you get codecs for pocket pc's? the codec i always use is DIVX,wondering if htere is a codec for pocket pc?.cheers.ben

TomJerry 17:49 19 Oct 04

I just wait for my Palm PDA Tungsten T form state and will try it out.

TomJerry 17:58 19 Oct 04

Display resolution and price:

creative zen portable media centre 320 x 240 pixel resolution, £316

Palm PDA Tungsten T5: 320x480 Transflective TFT color display, $399 (not available in UK yet). SD memeory card, 1Gb version £65, may need a few for more movie

TomJerry 18:03 19 Oct 04

Get a Sony WinXP super laptop in your pocket and use it as a Media player

Sony Vaio U50 Full Colour 800 x 600 Touch Screen
Runs Full Windows XP, Intel Celeron M 900, 20GB 256MB RAM, 550g £1349 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…