Creative Zen 20GB MP3 Player

SURVEY 17:42 14 Aug 05

I am thinking of purchasing this MP3 player as I need somthing that will also perkit me to save jpeg files and other files such as Word, Excel etc and transfer these to another computer abroad. I have heard that the Zen does not appear as a lettered additional drive when plugged in on the USB port. If this is the case it will not be possible to transfer files unless both computers presumably have the Creative transfer software loaded. Can anyone shed any light on this please? If what I have haerd is indeed true, what mp3 player will appear as a lettered drive when plugged in?

Tim1964 23:50 14 Aug 05

The 'Creative File Manager' software looks and acts like Windows Explorer. It allows you to copy or drag and drop files to/from the player. The prog is very small and will easily fit on a floppy or USB drive or could even be emailed to the other PC for use when you get there.

wjrt 23:50 14 Aug 05

does not seem to appear as a numbered drive.
the instal program instals creative mediasource as cd ripping and transfer software. creative nomad explorer is found by double clicking "my computer" or entering windows explorer and c-drive if that is hdd. do not see why you cannot instal the software on another computer plus you would also need the usb cable for transfer as it is not a normal usb but one of the other connection modes ie usb to computer normal but cable to device not normal.

wjrt 23:56 14 Aug 05

the nomad explorer is software for file transfer forgot to add that in previous post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…