Creative Sound Cards

Tribal-Wolf 10:50 23 May 07

I cant help but be amazed that a company like Creative who has been making sound cards so long are taking forever to release a Vista compatible full audigy driver package. They have made millions out of people but seem to be dragging their heels in this development. I wonder if microsoft should help them as it must be costing sales of vista when people who may have been going to purchase the new operating system hold back because of creative sound card issues. I bought Vista but have went back to XP until they sort this soudriver issue. If creative dont hurry up a lot or people will be installing their creative product in the dustbin and buying elsewhere.

Probabilitydrive 14:48 23 May 07

Creative customers are disgruntled to say the least. However, sporadically Creative releases some morsels which - I suppose-is meant to keep us happy.

click here

I have a sound blaster X-FI installed and although a very capable card, there are now products around which are cheaper and equally good quality.

Stuartli 16:55 23 May 07

When I used to use a SoundBlaster Live! a few years ago I would often visit the Creative forums.

Even then Creative products owners were giving the company a great deal of stick, much of which was taken on the chin by its technical staff...:-)

But at least Creative didn't try to stem the flow of criticism.

josie mayhem 23:17 23 May 07

Where Vista is concerned Creative Labs did themselves no favours.... And it seems that almost 6 months after Vista been released they still got there heads firmly stuck in the sand....

They lost one hell of a lot of feedback from testers, no provision was put into place for a long while to except feed back from us lot and then when they did they were only really interested in recieving feedback for the soundblaster X-FI card and nothing else....

Did think that they would be more interested when Vista was put out to the public for testing but this didn't kick them into motion either, the feedback facility was only put into place when their forum for Vista got really nastie....

Then they put a very indepth explination into why they were having problems, but at this point if I remember rightly they still refused any help from there punters.....

And almost 6 months on the stautus quo still seems to be the same, no real or should I say decent drivers and no software that will work with Vista, all you can really hope for is to get very basic working sound with any of the so called supported cards.....

They were the fisrt to break through with really good drivers/software that worked and coped with the changes made when win98 first came out, but with the changes in how the sound works in Vista they seem very uninterested....

Prehaps they have a secret plan, to stop producing sound cards and concertrate on other products would explain a lot... Just my humble opinion though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…