creative customer service

harps1h 19:33 29 Jun 05

i haven't posted on the forum for sometime now, but i would to give creative a mention.

last december i bought my daughter a creative zen xtra for christmas, but in march the battery refused to recharge. this was replaced after a bit of to and from mailing and a periods of three weeks.

this time however their customer service was second to none. last tuesday it refused to boot up and after a while it came up with a hdd error. i sent creative a mail describing the problem and they asked me to try a possible solution. this didn't work and after confirming my details an rma number was issued last friday. the parcel was posted on saturday and the replacement arrived today.

i have to say i was very impressed by this and it makes you wonder why cant other companies follow this example.

Stuartli 20:08 29 Jun 05

..follow this example?

But many, many of them do...:-)

There are many instances readily available in these forums.

However, I must point out that your apparent initial impression of Creative ("...this was replaced after a bit of to and from mailing and a periods of three weeks....") was only reversed by its action over the hard drive.

I haven't visited the Creative forums for quite some time now, but I do recall that the company allowed some remarkably strong complaints about it to stand in those particular forums.

A number of the problems were solved, in fact, by some Creative employees offering their own advice whenever they got the chance.

harps1h 20:46 29 Jun 05

to clarify about the battery the mails were to try and eliminate possibilities and determine where the fault lay. at all times i found their approach nothing less than professional. i am also well aware that there are many companies out there who provide this kind of service eg crucial, but i thought that to praise a company when it does a good service, rather constantly slate companies as we are all prone to do and i am no exception in this. we see all too many times on this forum complaint after complaint. i just thought it would be nice to reverse the trend

Stuartli 22:57 29 Jun 05

You've explained the first part of your thread somewhat more clearly this time...:-)

It reads as though you were not happy.

I fully agree with your view that praise should be given when deserved - unfortunately the moaners far outweigh those who are happy with a firm but never make it public knowledge.

Sans le Sou 23:06 30 Jun 05

You can't win can you!

harps1h 23:17 30 Jun 05

not really but you like to try to swim against the tide sometimes. futile as it is!

Stuartli 09:22 01 Jul 05

Perhaps if you read the thread and postings a little more carefully you will appreciate that you are slightly off the mark...:-)

Sans le Sou 14:48 01 Jul 05

You could take your own advice it appears

Stuartli 16:59 01 Jul 05

Then how do you explain why this comment would not give the earlier impression of being unhappy about service received: "...this time however their customer service was second to none"?

As I've stated, I'm all in favour of praising top customer care - which is what harps1h has done.

Unfortunately, as I also stated, the moaners are almost invariably to the fore and those who are satisfied, just as harps1h was in this instance, rarely advertise the fact.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…