Creating Recovery Disc

Cara2 18:26 08 Oct 09

My friend needs to create a set of recovery discs.

She has recently purchased her computer but initially had one or two problems with it. Consequently, it was returned to Comet to be re-formated.

Question is - would Comet have had to create a set of recovery discs to do this?

The reason I am asking is that the 'request to create recovery discs' no longer appears and I am wondering if this is why.

If so, am I correct in thinking that only one set can be created on a single PC (this is applicable to my computer)?

howard64 06:47 09 Oct 09

depends on the make of pc. Some have a hidden partition on the hard drive. Others have a folder which will create the recovery disk. Others expect you to pay them for a set of disk[s]. If comet reformatted the hard drive from their own set of disks then you will have to ask them. For anymore help please give more details.

Woolwell 11:13 09 Oct 09

Which make of PC?
May well have restored from the partition - not always hidden.
One set is usually the norm.

Covergirl 12:37 09 Oct 09

and the Samsung laptop came with recovery discs.

I think it said "only one set" on the Acer but I tried to create another set and it appeared to go through the wizard to the final screen at which point I cancelled.

Cara2 13:48 09 Oct 09

Thanks for replies.

Packhard Bell. Will check this out with my friend next week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…