Creatiive Jukebox Zen

rickf 17:56 13 Oct 03

I recently bought the above for my son's forthcoming B'day as it was a good offer from Aria. I have been using it in the meantime to test it and to make sure that its not DOA. Research I have made suggested that it is a good piece of kit but thete are some horror stories as well. I wonder if there's anyone here with experience of this player. Would much appreciate your sharing it with me. Thanks.

mikef. 20:48 13 Oct 03

I've got one, had it for about 6 months replacing an old 6 gig jukebox, and frankly think it's fantastic and I wouldn't be without it when I go away, so far I've got 199 CD's on it with still 7.5 gig to fill.As you've been using it yourself to test it and are having no problems there should be nothing to worry about at all.

One thing don't be tempted to download Creative Media Centre from Creative's site, under drivers, it mucked up my OE connection and I had to uninstall it to get my connection working again.

rickf 21:42 13 Oct 03

Thanks mikef, thats reassuring. Its playing fine but the software is a bit iffy and just wouldn't work sometimes. What do you use to transfer the files to the player if not Creative Media Centre as supplied with the player. Also I am running XP Pro and I wonder if the unsigned drivers are causing some conflicts even though creative says to ignore the massage and install anyway.
I think its a great piece of kit compared to the Ipod, pricewise and 5g more.

Boluwd 22:09 13 Oct 03

For all things JB/Zen see click here

rickf 23:00 13 Oct 03

Thanks Bol Uwd

mikef. 23:09 13 Oct 03

rickf what came with mine was Creative PLAY centre which is fine, but the downloaded Creative MEDIA centre caused the problems.

rickf 08:00 14 Oct 03

Sorry, I got flumoxed by the similarity of name. Thanks.

rickf 15:49 14 Oct 03

If you are going to Singapore buy one there. Its the NX and the price is $479. At today's exchange rate its £166. If you are going let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…