This crazy World ....

Tenner 10:33 04 Feb 03

We are all aware that there's money, serious money in mobiles as well as PCs and other things technical ...

Sunday afternoon, I received a cold call from a well spoken chap asking if I would like a free phone - the latest ( ? ) Nokia, complete with camera, This was a T-mobile contract. The line was bad, could hardly make out what he was saying, but when I asked where he was phoning from, his answer was clear enough ..... India ! Just wondered what my old Dad would have made of this crazy 'modern' world !

Regards

Coaster3 11:37 04 Feb 03

I hope you haven't got to go and collect it! :-)

Elrond 11:44 04 Feb 03

Its all there now, loads of people are trying to get into the IT business and its disappearing to India. We're all too late.

Spook Tooth 12:32 04 Feb 03

I wouldn't mind living in India...

Spook Tooth 12:33 04 Feb 03

Oh yeah - i wonder if that's where my mobile's gone.

(Gave it back to Carphone Warehouse Saturday for repair...)

Tenner 13:05 04 Feb 03

...... handing IT over ? I am told that one of the major companies involved in Financial Services has now handed over ( to an Indian organisation ) its compliance monitoring i.e regulatory checking for pension mis-selling etc. So its not just call centres that are booming.

rawprawn 22:34 05 Feb 03

India is now the in place to site call centers, Dell customer serevices are there it's all a question of labour costs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…