Crafty advertising or what?

Stuartli 08:40 19 Aug 04

Has anyone else noticed the cute bit of advertising in the October issue of PCA by dabs.com?

It's for the Samsung ML-1510 mono laser printer with the price reduced from £81-07 to £49.99 during a "Crazy 2 Week Deal!"; several retailers occasionally offer the Samsung at around this price for a short period.

However, there's a slight catch. The dabs.com offer was valid from August 24th to September 8th 04.

PC Advisor's October edition's first readers are subscribers and they didn't get their copies until the middle of September...:-)

Needless to say dabs.com's website has the Samsung back at £81.

I may, of course, being rather harsh on dabs.com.

Perhaps PCA's advertising department should have pointed out that the ad would be out of date even before the magazine hit the newsagents.....

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:59 19 Aug 04

Meh, I recently bought 3 from PCW at £45 each :-)))))

G

Stuartli 09:11 19 Aug 04

I remember you stating this in a thread a while back on the same printer - got to be a bargain..:-)

But it was the audacity of the ad that I was really pointing out.

Urotsukidoji 11:11 19 Aug 04

just a teensy weensy point old chum

you state: The dabs.com offer was valid from August 24th to September 8th 04.

umm if you know the future, can you tell me the lottery numbers please m8, as its only 18th august

lol

Stuartli 12:28 19 Aug 04

Oops...:-(((

You spotted the deliberate mistake...:-)

Which week do you require the lottery numbers? A second or third rollover is better as we will get more each.

Stuartli 12:29 19 Aug 04

By the way, it's the 19th...:-)

Stuartli 12:45 19 Aug 04

..for a little while so dabs and others can hurl whatever insults they feel are warranted and then close it...:-)

Urotsukidoji 12:58 19 Aug 04

;oP - welcome to the world of a hangover! lol

as many as you like for the lotto numbers, more money the better, then i can instigate my plan to take over the world!

Muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuartli 13:06 19 Aug 04

Done!

oresome 13:28 19 Aug 04

My head hurts!

Let me get this straight. The offer is advertised in the October issue of PCA. The October issue is available to subscribers mid September. The offer ends early September. Through whatever means, Stuartli has access to the October issue in August. Stuartli tries to access the offer and finds that it's finished!

Orsome goes away scratching head.

Urotsukidoji 14:05 19 Aug 04

I reckon he wears a big floppy hat, really long scarf, has a metal dog, and keeps hipping in and out of a blue policebox.......

fofl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…