cpu warrantry

the kopite 17:51 13 Feb 05

Hi Everyone my problem is 4 months ago I purchased a amd cpu which has failed since then the shop I brought it at has ceased trading am I stuck or will amd honour the warrantry thanks kopite

Dizzy Bob 17:59 13 Feb 05

If you bought the processer as a single boxed product click here

click here

A little less helpful if you bought a PC (with the processoor in)

Dizzy Bob

the kopite 07:00 14 Feb 05

Thanks bob the link was very helpfull kopite

TomJerry 11:27 14 Feb 05

it is 3 years

if it is OEM version (without box and without fan heatsink), you are out of luck

the kopite 12:20 14 Feb 05

Tom jerry Thank you it was the oem version so it looks like I have had it kopite

georgemac © 12:25 14 Feb 05

I too was "out of luck" with an amd cpu. It was brand new oem, not retail and had an obvious manufacturing defect. I emailed the photo to AMD support who more or less acknowledged it was a manufacturing defect, but said it had no warranty. It was even worse actually as it was a mobile xp-m they said they did not offer any warranty on mobile products.

I sent it back to the retailer (ebay United States seller) who tells me he is trying to RMA it to the supplier but I think I have no chance of seeing a replacement.

In future I would buy a UK retail packaged cpu if buying amd from anything less than a reputable supplier - I'm sure with the likes of ebuyer you would be covered even with oem?

TomJerry 12:51 14 Feb 05

if you bought it using a credit card, you should be claim it from credit card comopany because it is jointly responsible for any purchase on the card

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…