CPU options for Chillblast system

mattjs360 21:03 PM 14 Feb 13

Hi all,

After years of using low end laptops I now want to get a beefy desktop system with a decent screen to try a bit of gaming along with the usual stuff like photo editing etc.

The Chillblast Fusion Firebird looks promising and has been at the top of the Gaming PC list for a few months now. When you go to the 'Customise or buy' screen on their website the default option gives the CPU at stock speed, not the overclocked system as tested by PC Advisor (which is a no cost option), is there any reason for this?

I'm not much of a tech-head and I'm looking for a no-fuss system, the 1200 cost is about my max budget, is there any reason NOT to select the overclocked CPU with no other upgrades?

Grateful for any advice, Cheers.

nickf 22:44 PM 14 Feb 13

You could try this http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSystem.asp?SystemID=1430 . You will notice its using an i5 , not the i7 , but it is liquid cooled , great for the overclocked machine . ( I use the corsair H100 liquid cooling )

nickf 22:46 PM 14 Feb 13

Also , if you can wait a few months , it could be worth waiting for the new Haswell CPU`s to arrive .

Rayuk 19:01 PM 15 Feb 13
  Rayuk 19:07 PM 15 Feb 13

Sorry misread your post,just go for the overclocked version.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites