C.P.C : What Brilliant Service.

Audeal 19:29 25 Jun 03

Last October I purchased a USB HDD Enclosure from " Combined Precision Components PLC ". Yesterday this item developed a fault and neither Windows 98 or Windows XP would recognize the device. This device was tested on three different PC's before confirming that the device was faulty.

At 4-30pm on tuesday 24/6/03 I notified the company whom I purchased it from and informed them of the fault. Ten minutes later I received a phone call from CPC to confirm my name and address and was informed that a courier would collect my device the following afternoon. (Today). This was collected at 2-05pm and the driver also delivered the replacement device at the same time. Fifteen minutes later is was all up an running perfectly.

So, from the time I first reported a fault to the time that I was up and running with a new device took less than 22hours. Now that is what I call good service. Thanks CPC for a splendid service. Others could learn from your splendid example.

Audeal.

Stuartli 20:21 25 Jun 03

I've mentioned several times about CPC in the forums - it's been established in Preston for around 30 or more years and is now part of the Farnell Group.

I can both call personally or order through my mate's TV/audio/visual account when he requires parts.

On Friday, I ordered a batch of inkjet cartridges and two were missing when the order was delivered to the shop yesterday - CPC were aware the order was short and the shortfall cartridges arrived today.

Go to click here for a taster of the many, many thousands of items in its catalogue.

Audeal 20:56 25 Jun 03

Stuartli: Thanks for that link, I have never visited their site before, so I will do so later, I am a bit busy at the moment.

Aspman 13:11 26 Jun 03

We buy the odd thing from cpc and have never had a problem. We get a weekly (or so) leaflet through from them which I think is such a laugh. I don'y know who goes gadget hunting for this company or who decides on the layout of the brochures but they have a sense of humor. Ear defenders next to music kit, network cabling gear mixed with mini fridges and mole repellers. Gives me a laugh anyway.

Stuartli 14:40 26 Jun 03

CPC's catalogue is massive and has many, many thousands of items displayed in a fully organised manner.

The flyers are released about once a month and feature some great bargains; there are also dedicated flyers for products such as computers, electronics etc.

I've been buying items from CPC for more than 30 years (I used to work in Preston), including the time when it was based in a small building in North Road.

Throughout that time CPC has delivered first class products, service and after sales service and the same remains today, despite the fact it is now huge and based just off Eastway in a modern business building.

Audeal 14:52 26 Jun 03

It seems that CPC are indeed a good company to do business with. As for the "Ear Defenders" I do not think I would be interested in these, all I need to do is take out my Hearing Aid and I am as deaf as a bat with cotton wool in it's ears.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…