Courier returns to sender if no one is avalible..

t.long 19:02 07 Jun 10

Hello

Long story sort I ordered some goods last week and requested a saturday delivery as I am at work all week. Whilst the goods were dispatched from the merchant in good time the courier did not delivery on Saturday citing "insufficient time" the cynic in me thinks it might have more to do with the two hour round trip from their depot.

I sent a webnote to the merchant on Saturday after it became clear the courier was not going to show up stating that no one would be available and to ask the courier to deliver this coming Saturday. I got a response this morning saying that the courier would try again today, which whilst pointless is fair enough, but no mention that they would instruct the courier to wait until saturday before attempting again.

So the couriers card stats that they will attempt delivery two more times before returning the goods to the merchant. Assuming they try again Tuesday and Wednesday and then return the goods whom is responsible for the charges?

Also should the courier agree to only attempt Saturday delivery in the future is there a time limit after which I can cancel should they continue to fail to make delivery?

Sorry if this is long winded I worried that this will result in a bit of an argument between merchant and myself and would like to have some idea of whom is responsible for what. Hello

Long story sort I ordered some goods last week and requested a Saturday delivery as I am at work all week. Whilst the goods were dispatched from the merchant in good time the courier did not delivery on Saturday citing "insufficient time" the cynic in me thinks it might have more to do with the two hour round trip from their depot.

I sent a webnote to the merchant on Saturday after it became clear the courier was not going to show up stating that no one would be available and to ask the courier to deliver this coming Saturday. I got a response this morning saying that the courier would try again today, which whilst pointless is fair enough, but no mention that they would instruct the courier to wait until Saturday before attempting again.

So the couriers card stats that they will attempt delivery two more times before returning the goods to the merchant. Assuming they try again Tuesday and Wednesday and then return the goods whom is responsible for the charges?

Also should the courier agree to only attempt Saturday delivery in the future is there a time limit after which I can cancel should they continue to fail to make delivery?

Sorry if this is long winded I worried that this will result in a bit of an argument between merchant and myself and would like to have some idea of whom is responsible for what.

wiz-king 20:26 07 Jun 10

I ofen used to have this problem, now I have registered my credit card to my work address as well as to home I now get all deliveries made to work on Mon - Fri.

spuds 22:50 07 Jun 10

If you agreed with the seller to have the goods delivered on a Saturday, and possibly paid for this service, then that is what you should receive, as the basis of the contract between you and the seller. If the item was not delivered on a Saturday as promised, for whatever reason, then thats not your problem, especially if the courier is stating that they can now only deliver during Monday to Friday, before they return the items to the seller.

You should incur no costs for other peoples mistakes.

Under the DSR you can cancel at anytime, if you haven't received the goods, and within seven days after you have received the goods. If you receive the goods, and want to send them back, you may have to pay return postage, depending on the seller terms and conditions. If the goods are faulty, then you should be reimbursed fully. Consider though, that any refunds can be returned within 30 days, so you may have a delay in returned payment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…