Cougar Systems any good ?

iscanut 11:44 24 Nov 07

Have seen Cougar Computers mentioned a few times. Have had a look at whats available and seems good value compared to someone like Dell or Mesh. Have any of you purchased a system from them and if so, were you happy with it and the service provided. One thing that attracts me is that they can still provide Win XP on a high spec machine, something many others do not do.

g0nvs 12:11 24 Nov 07

Yes & Yes.

ForestChav 15:38 24 Nov 07

Yes, both PCs we got there ages back (1997 and 2002) were good.

Both rebuilt since then, though.

Starfox 17:18 24 Nov 07

Bought my latest high spec pc from them in May this year, best thing I ever did was take advice from these forums and purchase from Cougar.

A great machine which worked perfectly straight out of the box and has given me no problems at all. I will certainly recommend them.

click here

Rabbiteer 19:56 25 Nov 07

Their site ( click here ) is down at the moment, returning a "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" error message. I must admit that I'm a little concerned about that - hopefully it's only a blip and will be fixed quickly, but it's not something you want to see.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:33 25 Nov 07

Site back online.

G

Rabbiteer 21:59 25 Nov 07

That's good; I can think of some sites that wouldn't bother too much on a Sunday evening. I'll also add here that Cougar have responded sensibly and promptly to emails I've sent them in the last few days - one thing they have over Novatech is a straightforward email address rather than insisting you use live chat or forms.

iscanut 12:24 26 Nov 07

Since posting this, I have sent an email for some tech info ( Thurs & Friday and again this morning ) but have had no response at all, in spite of saying that I had £1000 or so waiting to be spent. Not impressed with this lack of customer service.

Cougar Extreme 22:03 26 Nov 07

Please accept our delay in responding to your email. With the Christmas period looming we are becoming increasingly busier. All emails are responded to in no longer than one day whenever possible. There has been a slight delay recently with us having the website updated to include extra cases, power supply’s, motherboards and memory options. I believe your email has been answered this afternoon, and this is a public apology for the delay in an attempt to show we care. As for the bandwidth error again this has been resolved and won’t happen again. We thank all of you for your encouraging comments.

Yours truly

The guys at cougar-extreme.

RichFJ 22:13 26 Nov 07

I think the fact that someone from Cougars is responding at 22.03pm is proof positive that these guys really do care about customer service!!

g0nvs 19:46 27 Nov 07

I'm lucky, I live two minutes walk away from Cougar Extreme. In the same walking distance there are two other PC outlets, having tried all these shops in the past I can certainly vouch for Cougar Extreme. In no way am I connected with Cougar, in fact they would not know me from any other customer.
Keep up the good work Cougar.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac