Cougar Systems

robbins 20:16 12 Jan 08

Hello,

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I keep hearing a lot of good stuff about cougar systems on this forum. Can I just ask are 'cougar systems' and 'cougar extreme' the same company? Their websites are different and I would phone them and ask but its 8.15pm ona friday night.

Sorry if it sounds a bit of a stupid question.....

Sorry if it sounds a bit of a stupid question.....
not at all but it is saturday

same area telephone code,so maybe but honestly dont know.

DazM 21:10 12 Jan 08

what i would like to see before buying from couger is a forum regular buy from them and post feedback of the experience and quality.
To date ive only seen guest/new members opinions.

Patr100 22:05 12 Jan 08

Ganldalf is a veteran of the forum and has recently ordered a PC for someoen else on another thread. I'm sure he'll let us know if anything is untoward . so far his experience was positve.

Patr100 22:06 12 Jan 08

That's Gandalf not Ganldalf - I keep doing that!

DazM 22:09 12 Jan 08

grreat thanks look forward to it

Cougar Extreme 22:43 12 Jan 08

Hello all,
You are quite right in your assumption that Cougar Systems, and Cougar Extreme are the same company. Cougar Systems was established just less than 20 years ago and has been serving the Nottingham and midlands area with computers, services, repairs and upgrades since its conception. Cougar Extreme was founded 3 years ago as an online extension of its sister company in an attempt to capture some of the untapped online retail market available from further a field such as Liverpool, Manchester, Scotland & Northern Ireland. It is our company policy to try and provide the same level of customer service and high quality products we are re-nound for in our home town of Nottingham. The main difference between the two sites is in our level of warranty, all Cougar Systems units come with a 3 year warranty as standard where as our Cougar Extreme sales come with an upgradeable 3 year warranty allowing the customer to choose the level of service they require. We are happy to see from the 100 threads we have currently running on this forum that we are hopefully doing a good job by most peoples standards.

Yours truly,

The Cougar gang.

robbins 22:50 12 Jan 08

God - it is saturday isn't it..! I have to work 1 in every 5 and my biological clock hasn't caught up yet.

I was just wondering if they are the same as the websites look reasonably similar but aren't. Also the components they sell differ slightly i.e one sells ballistix RAM and the other one doesn't - also the motherboards etc look different.

I've priced up a machine that I think is extremely reasonable in price but just want to make sure they're ok.

robbins 22:55 12 Jan 08

...Thanks for that Cougar Gang. I think we posted at the same time hence my message underneath yours.

symphony 13:22 13 Jan 08

I have a system on order from Cougar and, as I posted in an earlier thread, I'm posting up my experiences of the process here on PCA Consumerwatch forum. Comp is due to be with me early this coming week.

Search around and you'll find my feedback of my conversations with Cougar under 'Just ordered my Cougar PC!'-which for the most part were very good- good advice, no pressure, encouraged to spend less not more (didn't need graphics and sound card as I'm not a gamer) and they listened to what I wanted and needed.

Will be posting up when the comp arrives and commenting on the service throughout.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…