Cougar Extreme - My experience

Bodegroes 12:38 14 Jul 07

I have used a Mesh Athlon Thunderbird since Feb 2001 and have never had an issue except for one HDD failure. It got tired. Well actually i got tired of the hour glass. I decided on a Cougar Extreme PC after reading this forum and researching possible suppliers for the last 5 months or so. I felt compelled to write on here after a very positive experience. I ordered via their website on Monday 9th July. I rang them to check that they had the order through correctly on the Tuesday. They rang me on Friday to confirm Saturday delivery and it arrived today the 14th July. Intel Dual Core 2.6GHZ, 8800GTX 768MB, 4GB Ram, 2x HDD, Card reader, Wireless, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse for £1200 - value and service. It churns out 11000 3D Marks and will probably last me another 5 years. If you are thinking about a new purchase - consider Cougar.

Mango Grummit 13:39 14 Jul 07

Cougar-Extreme is a company I have used for a while. Without doubt, they are amongst the best!

Merkin 20:46 31 Jul 07

I just ordered a pc from Cougar based on the experiences of folk on the board. Having heard horror stories about other websites (and being let down by internet companies in the past) I'm hoping to have a pleasant experience also. Will keep you posted.

Merkin 23:14 04 Aug 07

Well, further to my last post, earlier today I had a nice chat over the phone with Mario at cougar-extreme. We discussed my build choices and which changes he would make to them to give me optimal performance. Now I've upgraded to a 768Mb Geforce 8800GTX card from a 620Mb 8800GTS, from a Dual Core processor to a Quad Core, but also downgraded my memory from a 2Gb Crucial DDR800 to a 2Gb Corsair DDR800 (better for gaming apparently) and its only cost me about £40 extra! My 'beast' is going to be delivered this Tuesday - exactly a week since I ordered it.

Everyone I've spoken to at Cougar has been extremely helpful and, unless my pc turns out to be a cardboard box with a hamster in a wheel inside it, I would highly recommend this company to anyone.

Whitehart 17:45 05 Aug 07

I bought from Cougar in May this year and What a great machine, whisper quiet and unbelievably fast, a well made, quality pc.

I too found them to be a caring and considerate company, good communication and sound advice from Mario for me also. Ordered on a Tuesday and delivered the following Monday, now that's efficient. I really can highly recommend them.

robbiepaul79 09:47 06 Aug 07

ALl the good news about this company makes me interested to join the fun and buy a new PC yet im always worried that i buy a new one now i have to buy or upgrade it again in 2 years or less.

Id like a new computer that would last me but i dont want to spend an arm and a leg.

hansa 17:55 06 Aug 07

^^

ForestChav 19:24 06 Aug 07

I build now but we have had PCs from there (Nottm based, so we used to collect them) and they were fine, great aftersales and helpful too. No problems at all.

Seems as though they've not changed.

jxmac18 23:45 25 Feb 10

Having built systems for years and got bored of it, I hunted high and low for a decent company to build my next system, and found good reviews for Cougar.
I've now had Cougar running around for me for the last few weeks rebuilding a £2k system the courier company managed to break into small pieces.

I ordered a high spec server for Cougar, after speaking to one of their team and getitng all the right response and the "warm 'n fuzzies" as I wanted full hardware support for 3 years.
I've found them *incredibly* pleasant to deal with, even on Saturday when the delivery went horribly wrong. Even sourcing different or higher spec components was no problem at all.
Having dealt with 100's of people in the computer industry over the course of my career I would struggle to find a more professional outfit.

birdface 10:48 26 Feb 10

I can't see why you would want to open a 3year old thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac