Costco Computer Offer

9nailer9 11:55 26 Feb 08

Hi,
My local Costco are offering this computer from 7/4/2008.
HP Pavilion A6327
The cost of this computer is £587.48 which is a little over my budget but I might be tempted if it was a reasonable price.
My problem is that I cant find anywhere to compare prices and I wondered if anyone out there knows this model or anyone who sells it any information will be greatly appreciated.

anchor 12:00 26 Feb 08

Here is the spec: on the HP site

click here

some comments

click here

anchor 12:02 26 Feb 08

Sorry, the comments were concerning a different model.

9nailer9 12:15 26 Feb 08

Thanks for the spec anchor, I should have made the point that it comes with a 20" TFT Monitor.

9nailer9 12:15 26 Feb 08

Thanks for the spec anchor, I should have made the point that it comes with a 20" TFT Monitor.

anchor 13:37 26 Feb 08

Personally, I consider it to be good value with a 20" TFT monitor, especially being a well known brand.

Totally-braindead 13:53 26 Feb 08

As long as you're not wanting to play high spec games on it it looks not bad to me considering you get that monitor on it for that price.
Its got plenty of memory a reasonable dual core processor and a decent sized hard drive as well as a large monitor. Only weak point is the graphics card really, it'll play games just not the latest ones which need a very expensive card.

Good price for a good spec PC in my opinion.

9nailer9 14:32 26 Feb 08

Thanks for the replies,the spec is more than adequate for my computing needs. I would however like to know what price other outlets are selling this particular model for, how long has it been on the market etc.

merciarich 14:44 26 Feb 08

Costco have always been cheaper for me on electrical goods - they have a good returns policy should you have any problems.

click here for price comparisons

Totally-braindead 14:45 26 Feb 08

I might be wrong here but I suspect its an older computer and as end of line that is why you are getting it at this price and cannot find anyone else selling it right now.

Willing to be corrected if anyone knows better.

9nailer9 15:42 26 Feb 08

I agree merciarich that costco have a good reputation but I also suspect that Totally-braindead may be right. If this were to be the case, what would be the best buy a more recent pc with a lower spec, or the one costco have on offer?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…