Cost of Virgin-Media

leveblue 13:04 25 Jul 07

Out of curiosity, what are users of Virgin-Media paying?

Are we all paying about the same for similar packages?

I am a Virgin-Media subscriber who is happy with the service. However, I can’t help but feel that I am paying a lot.

My basic monthly costs before extra’s is as follows:

Telephone Line Rental £11.00
Itemised Billing £1.00
Talk Unlimited (XL?) £9.95
TV Size (XL) £20.50
Movies & Sport £23.50
Broadband (L) (4Mb) £25.00

Total £90.95

I’ve checked these prices with their website and they appear to be correct. However, I can’t seem to find anyone who is paying anything near what I am paying. Am I missing out on discounts, etc?

As I said previously, I am happy with the service. I would consider changing to a similar Sky package if it were substantially cheaper. However, it would need to be a very good deal to make me change because of the hassle of changing everything over.

lisa02 13:31 25 Jul 07

That's a whopping amount to be paying.

£18.45 on BT for your package inc line rental.

£43.50 for movies and sports plus six mixes on sky.

bb from £9.99 click here

P1d 14:10 25 Jul 07

That does seem a lot, I'm with Virgin Media and don't pay that.

I don't have a break down with me but I have Talk (don't know which phone package sorry), line rental, itemised billing, V+ (the one used to record), a second tv box in the bedroom and broadband (not sure if it's 4mb or 8mb as this one's for the kids) and our bill is no more than £80 per month including phone calls!

Hope this helps.

P1d

beb 15:06 25 Jul 07

Ive the same as you but not the Itemised Billing and pay £70-45 , phone up and ask for a better deal , i did and now get a " Loyalty Pack BB / Phone / TV " - £19-50 , so really im only paying £1 for my TV XL , give them a call i found them very helpfull .

leveblue 16:16 25 Jul 07

Thanks for the advice, especially beb. A good suggestion.

I think it’s about time me and customer services had a little chat. I’ve heard that if you threaten to take your custom elsewhere, they normally come up with a better deal.

octal 19:13 25 Jul 07

Talk evening and weekends £3.95
Callbarop £1.75
TV Size XL £20
Broadband size: L £25

= £50.70

With other phone calls added it all works out an average of about £52 per month, not great phone users.

Why are you paying line rental? That should be deducted or cancelled further down the bill, that's one of the advantages over BT, VM have no line rental.

sidecar sid 19:46 25 Jul 07

Talk evening and weekends
TV Size XL
Broadband size L
£33.50

bazb 20:27 25 Jul 07

Telephone Line Rental £11
Talk Unlimited £ 9.95
Skymovie 2 Skymovie 1 £16.50
Broadband size L £25.00
TV Size XL £20.50
V+ Box £10
Loyalty Pack BB, Phone 3D Sky -£27
Cust Rel Goodwill -£15

Total to pay £50.95

leveblue 20:49 25 Jul 07

Thanks for all the comments, Its clear that I'm paying way over the odds. I don't get any reductions like you bazb.

octal,I don’t know why I’m paying for line rental. I think talk unlimited was about £20 at one time then they split it.

Just been looking at the VM site again. You can get this VIP bundle all for £85 which knocks spots of what I’m getting for less £5 less.

And to add insult to injury, if you buy online you get £10 knocked off.

Sky Sports & Movies
TV Size XL
V+ HD Set-Top Box (which I haven’t got)
Plus I can have my old box put in another room (free gratis I presume)
Broadband Size XL (10 Mb) mines only up to 4
Phone Size XL
Talk International (Which I don’t need)
Talk Mobile (I assume you also get a free mobile)

Definitely going to give Customer Services a ring. :(

bazb 20:54 25 Jul 07

It,s a waste time talking to Customer Services they can't do anything for you. You need to talk to retentions.

click here
£85 all in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…