Corgi Homecare Plan

tonyq 12:46 12 May 11
Answered

Hi all, do any of you have the 3in1 maintenance plan (Heating-Plumbing-Electrics) with "Corgi Homecare Plan". http://www.corgihomecare.co.uk/index.asp I received a letter from Corgi with regards to the above plan,which seems value for money as far as maintenance plans go. At the moment I have cover for the central heating only with British Gas,but the corgi plan is cheaper with more cover. Your thoughts/experience please.

spuds 16:16 12 May 11

Isn't Corgi now called Gas Safe Register, and part of British Gas?.

Might pay to have a look at the Martyn Lewis Moneysavingexpert website for comparisons www.moneysavingexpert.com

woodchip 16:45 12 May 11

You could say they are all okay, while they are taking your money. Its when problems arise that you find out good bad they are

Terry Brown 19:57 12 May 11

If it is the one I think, you pay a low cost per month, however if you call them out it is a £90 fixed fee repair, which is on top of what you pay monthly.

That is a fee EVERY time you call them out!!.

Terry

Forum Editor 00:42 13 May 11

spuds

You're right about CORGI now being called The Gas Safe Register, but wrong about it being part of British Gas.

The register is operated by Capita Gas Registration and Ancillary Services Limited, which is part of Capita PLC.

Muergo 13:25 13 May 11

My friend has British Gas Homecare, they guarantee attendance sameday, well yes they do, but only to pop in to have a look then go away to find a part some days later.

I have an arrangement with an independent certified gas and plumber for many years, the costs are much lower than BG and he will come and fix in an emergency, no call out charge and usually carries a selection of common parts on his van.

I am afraid it is mostly word of mouth to find a good tradesman for most needs, but once you find one don't tell all your friends!! except to warn them of those incompetent traders of which there are many.

You might try "Which Local" site which lists businesses local to you purely on recommendation alone, no fees change hands.

canarieslover 13:31 13 May 11

Fully agree with Muergo, find a good local gas fitter. It's not only usually cheaper but also quicker. I could not recommend British Gas after they left my bed-ridden mother with no heating after doing their annual service. Took a legal threat to get them to repair the part that they had just broken.

tonyq 17:10 15 May 11
Answer

thank you all for your help/advice

Cliff s 16:24 23 May 11

Corgi Homecare are a waste of space. I called them at 8am Saturday to tell them i had no running hot water they phoned me back 2pm Monday and said a plumber will be their in 30mins an hour later he turned up. all he did was represurise the boiler then left not fixin the problem. so i phoned them up and canceled my policy. Never again !!!

spuds 09:01 24 May 11

Cliff s

Surely, that was defeating the object of having a policy in the first place?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…