CORDLESS rodent & keyboard for less than £20

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:07 08 Mar 03

Dixons (I presume PCW as well but check) are flogging a Packard Bell wireless rodent AND keyboard for £19.99. Just got them and they work a treat. The downside is that XP is the only system that is not supported (95, 98, ME, 2000, NT4 are though) which is why they're flogging them cheap. Get yer wonga together PDQ and get down there...I think they were around 50-60 squid originally.

Natch this offer does not apply to those who steadfastly maintain that they would never darken the portals of PCW/DSG. ;-))))))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:09 08 Mar 03

....and batteries are included!

G

rickf 14:33 08 Mar 03

Its obviously near obsolete that's why its so cheap from pcw.

Forum Editor 14:37 08 Mar 03

of PCW on the way back from spending an hour getting out of Heathrow airport this morning (additional security measures in place).

Feeling tense, I called in at their Brent Cross store and saw a 21" Samsung monitor for £249:99.

It's now on my desk, and I'm delighted - airport blues and jet-lag all forgotten.

Goldcroft 14:50 08 Mar 03

Hope you don't regret it FE when the jetlag wears off. Had you seen some reviews of it or was it so big you couldn't resist?

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:16 08 Mar 03

'Its obviously near obsolete that's why its so cheap from pcw'....how can a wireless rodent and keyboard be 'obsolete'? Old frequencies? Summerian script on the keyboard? Set up instructions written in runes? Only usable with a Sinclair ZX81? There is no such thing as obsolesence if it does exactly the same as the latest Microsoft/Logitech (just had a look at the innards and the word Logitech springs to mind :-) )

G

Just don't forget the spare batteries.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:23 08 Mar 03

'Just don't forget the spare batteries'....one word - rechargeables ;-)))

PCW are also flogging a 19" CRT monitor for £99.

G

Forum Editor 15:42 08 Mar 03

I need a 21" monitor for work, and I've always used Samsungs - it's a love thing.

This is the cheapest one yet though. I saw the 19" monitor that Gandalf refers to, and thought it a bargain - good display. I also saw some very pretty Hercules TFT displays, and was very impressed with the image quality.

PeteJ 15:43 08 Mar 03

I have just bought a brand new system from MultiVision and it was delivered Monday last. I spent all week setting up the system, e-mail, internet, printer, transferring files from old PC, loading software etc. The usual things you do with a new toy.

But I too had ventured into PCW with my wife who decided a Packard Bell wireless mouse would look nice while she is playing her games. We bought it (mouse only) installed it and the blasted rodent went and wrecked my PC. Seems it’s not suitable for XP but you only find out after the installation.

Seems the only thing that worked with this little gadget were the batteries!

My PC would not recover in any way shape or form and the only choice I had was to reboot from the MultiVision Mirror disk rescue option which sets the PC up exactly as it was on leaving the factory. All my work down the pan.

Buyers beware if you have XP and thinking of using the Packard bell rodent. This one is on its way back to its original lair – PCW.

Goldcroft 16:06 08 Mar 03

With apologies to Gandalf, I have been caught a few times with out of date (ie non XP compatible items). Even once bought a mag because of a programme on the cover disk and then found in tiny print under the sticky stuff "Not XP compatible", which presumably was why it was being given away (ie: could not be sold).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017