cordless lawn mowers

gibfish26 20:47 14 Jun 09

hi all,
looking for reviews on the eckman 24 volt rechargeable lawn mower,any one know where i can find reviews on this mower,tried googling but just comes up with sites where to purchase,any info would be appreciated,thanks.

spuds 22:41 14 Jun 09

The only thing that I was able to find, was via click here Not really a review, more of a product description.

Perhaps this product is re-badged under another name!.

Going on personal experiences with rechargeable garden products, the item must have a fast recharging high capacity rate, otherwise it can be a very tedious venture.

tillybaby 08:25 15 Jun 09

Although it's not an answer to your question I too had a rechargable lawn mower (Black and Decker) and it's been used once because it was so hard to do, I suppose if you've got a really small, flat lawn then they're o.k. but if you've got quite a large lawn with a few bumps here and there then I would think carefully and maybe consider a petrol mower.

dagnammit 10:17 15 Jun 09

I used to work in a Garden Centre and I endorse what tillybaby has said.

Clapton is God 11:04 15 Jun 09

This is one of the better cordless lawn mowers click here

961 11:35 15 Jun 09

Ewe are so funny

wiz-king 14:16 15 Jun 09

Go stand in the corner, put on dunces cap and write 100 lines -- 'I must not play the goat'
and stop looking so sheepish.

gibfish26 16:36 15 Jun 09

hi thanks for your replies,tillybaby we already have a self propelled honda petrol mower but better half(retired) is finding it a bit heavy to get around flower beds now.spuds as you say all i can find is product info but no reviews.clapton is god nice one.thanks to all.

961 19:34 15 Jun 09

Have you considered a small Flymo?

Agreed you need a cord from a power point, but they are much lighter to use than a petrol job and you can get long cords on reels for not much. Rechargeable jobs are not a good idea because they just don't the business

Ticmick 19:50 25 Jun 09

I purchased an Eckman from a webseller, rubbish... Jams on small stones and twigs, blade appears to be made from Cheese, I have to then hammer it straight, yes seriously.... buy a Bosch Rotary if you really want a cordless.

chub_tor 20:18 25 Jun 09

I agree with Ticmick regarding Bosch, my neighbour has this on click here and I have used it a couple of times to cut his grass when he has been away. Very powerful but you do need two batteries if the lawn is of any size.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…