copy protected music

paulj 19:34 06 Feb 03

I recently bought Avril Lavigne's cd when I got it home isaw in small print on the back that it was copy protected. Not a problem so far, but I then discovered that this cd would not play on my dvd player porable cd player or my car cd player.I have emailed the record company BMG on several occasions and have not received any reply at this time. Any ideas on how to grab there attention

paulj

Sir Radfordin™ 19:39 06 Feb 03

Where did you buy the CD from? I picked up a copy from play.com (click here) and have no problems playing it on the PC.

paulj 21:14 06 Feb 03

plays fine on my pc too but not others as listed

muscic lover 21:45 06 Feb 03

Both are true.
There is a version of her CD that IS protected and one that IS NOT......
How do I know?
My friend ( a big fan of hers.......(he should know better)) has both copys!

Still there go our different musical style tastes!

Stuartli 08:49 07 Feb 03

Take it back to where you bought it and request it be changed for the alternative version.

It is not of merchantable quality under the Sales of Goods Act if you are unable to play it on your computer system or in your car.

This has arisen before in recent months and record shops have normally exchanged a CD without quibble.

darkjedimistress 10:24 07 Feb 03

If you really like the album, MP3 it using freeware found on click here and burn it as an audio cd to a CDR. I do that with any of my favourite music cd's as I don't want the original's getting scratched.

PC Advisor. 11:03 07 Feb 03

You don't have the legal right to copy in the way darkjedimistress is suggesting. See feature page 82 in the current issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…