Cooling off period ISPs?

anskyber 21:19 28 Feb 06

My Dad, bless him, thought he would save £1 per month by going onto the Tiscali BB service which is slightly less than his current contract. (with Tiscali also) He has of course now got two contracts with Tiscali which as a pensioner he can ill afford.
Can anyone help in terms of the simplest way out of it for him? For example is there a cooling off period within which he can cancel?

terryf 21:21 28 Feb 06

Has he tried appealing to their'good nature' by calling their customer service and admitting that he made a mistake and asking if they can help him, grovelling sometimes works.

anskyber 21:25 28 Feb 06

Yes but this is business so I need the definitive version unfortunately. But thanks terryf.

anskyber 07:58 01 Mar 06

Anyone, before I tick?

SG Atlantis® 10:05 01 Mar 06

fib and tell them the operator told him he'd only have the one bb charge (contract) and tell them your seeking legal advice?

I'd try that.

When does his first contract run out?

and I don't think there is a cooling off period.

spuds 12:18 01 Mar 06

If Tiscali contacted your father and offered the service, then there would be a cooling-off period. If he contacted Tiscali and made the arrangement, then there would not be any cooling-off period, unless the contract states otherwise.

I would suggest that you contact Tiscali on your fathers behalf, explaining that he was and still is confused about what action he as done. If Tiscali have a 'better nature',they may well resolve the problem promptly.

Remember that usually, the original contract may have only been 12 months and after this time you should have the option to release yourself (father?) from that contract.I would check on this, as it may well be a 'let-out' for your father.

anskyber 17:06 01 Mar 06

Thanks all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…