Coolermaster Aero 7 - Opinions?

tomhealy 19:43 14 Sep 03

I've just ordered an XP 2600+ processor and think that it may be too much for my current heatsink and fan.

I've seen these new Coolermaster Aero 7 fans in PC world and read a few reviews that have had varying verdicts. Has anybody fitted one of these to their machines and if so what is their opinion?

Also, is the Plus version worth the extra over the Lite version?

Thanks

phoenix_one 20:11 14 Sep 03

i dont know whether to advise the + over the lite but DONT get aero 7, get either 7+ or lite.

The aero 7 was replaced by 7+ bcos of some faults i do belive,

The copper heatsink of the aero 7+ is better i would think though

I had one and fitted it with all the various speed controls, and hated it.

Talk about noise! If I ran it at about half spped it was bearable, any more and too much. Full blast and intolerable.

What I have done though is take off the "Snail" fan and replaced it with a 80mm Zalman fan and a 60mm-80mm converter. Silence and I can honestly say the copper heatsink is very good. Expensive way to go about it though!

tomhealy 14:16 15 Sep 03

refresh

Sion 15:19 15 Sep 03

click here

i have one myself, fan is nice and quiet, and even if you dont have a windown in your case (i do) you still get a cool blue glow eminating out the back of your PC.

Sion 15:20 15 Sep 03

oh yeah, about the aero 7 coolers, i installed one for my mate, and while it looks pretty cool, its noisy and VERY big. I wouldn't get one personally.

Sion 15:22 15 Sep 03

click here

same cooler as above, but without blue led fan, just basic black. Delivery is free on this site too.

tomhealy 15:53 15 Sep 03

What cpu have you got? The LED fan you suggested says up to 2800+ so would that be getting towards its limits if i was using a 2600+?

ardvarc 17:26 15 Sep 03

The heatsink in Sion's second link states XP3000+ and the decibel level seems quite low on 27.85. Also has Shinetsu thermal pad. At that price I might try one with free delivery.

leo49 17:55 15 Sep 03

Just bookmarking for future reference.:o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…