CoolCaseMods, have they closed down?

Mysticnas 09:52 13 Jun 03

click here

the link above takes you to the CCM site. One of the services they offer is case modding. I got intouch by email about a bod i wanted doing. They told me to send in the design for a quote. so i mocked up a design as a jpeg and sent it to them. a week or 2 had passsed and no reply so i emailed him again, still no reply.

This time i emailed another person in the company who told me to send the design to him and that he'd do the quote. I did this and the same happened. I had to email him again a little while after to see what the status of my quote was. No reply.

I call and no-one answers. Whats going on?

Does anyone else know of another case modding service anywhere?

Mysticnas 10:46 13 Jun 03

soy 12:35 13 Jun 03

What case mod do you want to do?

Mysticnas 13:38 13 Jun 03

i have my own design that i need cutting into the side panel of my chieftec panel. Basically..

I tried to do it myself but couldn't becuase of 2 reasons:

1) The 2 parts of the design are too intricate for my skill level in cutting.

2) The work bench available to me is too small.

All i need done is the hard bit, the cutting, becuase the rest is pretty simple and i can do it myself. Fitting the chrome edgeing and window is a doddle.

Mysticnas 14:00 13 Jun 03

do you know someone who can do it for me?

I live in the southeast, in the Hertfordshire. I can mail my panel to places, but if i can find a local to do it that'd be brill.

Mysticnas 14:59 13 Jun 03

anyone know?

Mysticnas 15:15 13 Jun 03

Pilch.... 16:38 13 Jun 03

To see the design?

I may know of people that may be able to help

soy 17:25 13 Jun 03

I cut my own window to spruce up my Evesham PC. It was dead easy but then again, it was a simple square design.

If you have a complicated design, I would suggest you go to a metal cutter.

I did a search in and found only 2 places. The closest being in Enfield. click here

I live in Tottenham and I think Herfordshire is close so I did a search for N17 area.

soy 17:27 13 Jun 03

If you decide to do it yourself, You'll need a drill and Jig-saw. These are the main tools you'll need. Masking tape, pencil and spacer as well.

Mysticnas 17:30 13 Jun 03

i did try to do it myself but my work space is limited, and there are a few sharp edges and stuff in my design.

I took it to a metal worker down the road but he said i'd be better off doing it myself or taking it to someone who does this as a service. He said metal workers like him would charge too much and the whole thing would need to be resanded and polished painted etc...

I'm just trying to sort out a way to show you guys the design. give me 2mins.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…