CONVERSION OF VHS TAPES INTO DVD'S

eduboy 17:51 08 Dec 03

I want to buy a package for converting my VHS's into DVD's. Any suggestions on how to go about it? cost is not primariry the problem as I want a package that will last and also produce the highest quality.

tenplus1 20:21 08 Dec 03

This is exactly what I use my PC for and I've found that Hauppauge PVR-250 is a good tv/encoder card to play your videos thru and rip them to MPEG2 format (dvd) and I also use Ulead's MovieFactory 2 to use the movie files and burn a professional looking DVD that'll work on all format's (try to get a +/- multi DVD writer to make sure) :)

SEASHANTY 11:40 09 Dec 03

Any of the Panasonic DVD recorders will do this for you without using the PC. Just input via scart from your VCR and select any of the five speeds for varying quality.click here

Newuser4165 15:25 09 Dec 03

The only drawback with the Panasonic recorders is the limited disk compatibility - only record to DVD-R and DVD-RAM.You will need an additional pc DVD burner capable of reading DVD-RAM if you wish to do any large scale editing but single burning to DVD-R may be sufficient for you.
A TV capture card as mentioned above is a good compromise - I have the Leadtek WinFast TV 2000XP which came bunded with Ulead Moviefactory 2 and Videostudio 7 - both competent programs once you get used to them.I got mine from ebuyer for around £50.

SEASHANTY 19:43 09 Dec 03

There are a few factors. Firstly DVD-R is the one format recognised by the DVD Forum and is compatible with most domestic DVD players whereas not all all DVD+R discs will play on domestic systems. The LG GSA 4040B DVD writer at around £100 from Micro Direct is multiformat +/- and DVD-RAM. You can easily edit out commercials on the Panasonic standalone recorders by use of the pause button. You can record from a camcorder using the firewire input. The Panasonic recorders have five speeds for varying qualities giving 1, 2, 4, or 6 hours on a single 4.7GB DVD-R disc plus a flexible recording speed in which you set the time of the video and the machine will utilise your input time to select a corresponding recording speed. Very conmvenient and very easy to transfer VHS to DVD. Admittedly - if you want to edit out or transfer various bits then it is not all that convenient for that purpose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…