Continuous Ink Supply

Noels 20:27 16 Sep 07

Following an earlier thread. I have an Epsom Photo R800 and have asked various firms about their Continuous Ink Supply systems for this prnter. Some say can't be done as R800 / 1800 have different print heads. Other firms say no problem?
I need a system that produces perfect photo prints as I do some Freelance photos.
I am happy with my present system but find it very costly and would like to reduce costs if possible without reducing quality.
Has anyone used continuous ink supply with an Epson R800 for photo work and been happy with the results? Any recommendations please.
Regards
Noels

spuds 23:09 16 Sep 07

I have just put CISS for Epson R800 in a Google search, and there were many results suggesting the ideal product was available for the R800.

Have a check in Google, then email a seller for confirmation that the product is truly compatible. If you get the item and you have problems, then use consumer law for a full refund.

Noels 07:43 17 Sep 07

Thanks for your suggestion. I will follow it up but am mystified why some makes say it can't be done because of the particular print heads and other firms say its OK.
Regards
Noels

erkmatrix 08:17 17 Sep 07

Who told you it can't be done? was it a company that makes money on expensive cartridges

All the ones I've looked at

click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

So it must be possible

pj123 12:47 17 Sep 07

My supplier is lpconline at:

click here

Just enter inkcon006ot in the quick search box.

They are doing CIS System for R800/R1800 for £29.99

The links from junipaire are far too expensive.

Noels 13:06 17 Sep 07

I gather that both the Epson R800 and R1800 have the smallest ink jets of any make printer 1.5pl which help to make them the best printers for accurate photographic work.
What I was told by the firm I actually spoke to was that they could'nt reproduce such tiny jets to give the same quality prints.
What I don't know is wether these CISS systems use the original Epsom cartridges or do they come with CISS systems own cartridges and if so how do I find out if they have 1.5pl jets.
Please do you know the answer to my question.
Regards
Noel

Noels 13:15 17 Sep 07

Sorry about the spelling mistake

Noels 13:21 17 Sep 07

All the firms I have looked at on the Web includind those mentioned above talk volumes about the quality of the ink they supply but say nothing about the quality of the print-heads.
I wouldn't want to drop the quality of what I get from my original Epson cartridges.
Regards
Noel

spuds 16:46 17 Sep 07

I use an Epson Stylus C86 printer, which as always used compatibles at less than a £1.00 each. Personally I cannot see any difference between the compatibles and Epson's own DuraBrite's.

There is another posting running at the moment in Consumerwatch 'Continous Ink Supply System- Got One?'. Pop along to that post and ask Gandalf <I:-)> who is a professional photographer, and see what he thinks. He uses a CISS on an Epson Printer.

jack 12:18 23 Oct 07

Noels
You are under the misapprehension that the Epson Cartridges carry the jets -as in the ThermBubble[thermo] jets of Canon /HP and the like.
They do not- the 'Cart' in an Epson is simply a 'tank'
The jets are piezo devices built into the machine and are unique to Epson-
Though I did once own an Early Canon Colour printer with a similar head in the bays before 'Bubblejets' with with integral heads.

Noels 13:18 23 Oct 07

possibly inferior system.
Unless someone out there can tell me different. I would like to hear comments please. I put quality above cheap savings.

Regards to all
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now