Contacting Pipex

anchor 14:29 25 Dec 08

I have had a 2Mb Pipex Broadband and Pipex Talk, (their "free phone service") since March 2006.

I intend to keep their ADSL service, but have contacted BT to revert to them as my call provider. They promised to contact Pipex, (who I know is owned by Tiscali), to arrange the change over.

I wish to confirm this myself, and ensure my direct debit is amended to the lower charge.

There seems no direct way to contact Pipex as such; do I call Tiscali?. I also see that Tiscali offer the promise of higher speeds of "up to 8Mb".

curofone 15:12 25 Dec 08

0871 2225550 is their customer services number

and if you go to say no to 0870 (just google it) and do a search for pipex it has loads of phone numbers for them so i am sure you can find the one that you need

anchor 15:26 25 Dec 08

Thanks for your reply; I will try them next week after the holiday.

Hopefully one of the "normal" numbers will enable me to get through.

spuds 15:30 25 Dec 08

Regarding the Tiscali ' up to 8Mb' package as been available for quite some time now, but whether your line service and exchange can provide it, that's another thing.

I am on the 'up to 8Mb' package, but my highest speed as been about 4.3Mb, were my neighbours can achieve 6Mb on a regular basis. Both Tiscali and BT OpenReach Broadband have been involved in trying to provide a better speed without much success.

On a personal note, reverting to BT as a call provider and having a different ISP isn't going to save you any money, in fact it will cost you extra. With Tiscali and Talk Talk you will get the line rental (BT) plus broadband and certain free telephone calls, all for about £14.99 per month.

Changing from Pipex to Tiscali or Talk Talk should be a simple move.

anchor 15:50 25 Dec 08

Thanks for your reply spuds. Unfortunately I am stuck with BT for a while, but I will certainly remember it for the future.

Stuartli 17:35 25 Dec 08

Pipex and Tiscali is basically the same thing these days.

TalkTalk offers superb value for money and there's a special offer at present via this link:

click here

As you will be aware, you need a BT line to be able to migrate to TalkTalk.

I've been with TalkTalk since April 2006 (glad to see the back of Tiscali) and it's the best investment I've made in years (I'm on the TalkTalk International Anytime package, originally known as International3, at just £20.50 per month including line rental).

sunnystaines 15:19 26 Dec 08

i think tiscali will will go into administration in the new year and other isp's are wating to jump in when a rock bottom price is up for grabs.

Stuartli 16:14 26 Dec 08

Tiscali is an Italian company - any sale or disposal of its UK division would be most likely to enable it to safeguard its home based interests.

anchor 16:25 26 Dec 08

Sky were interested in buying Tiscali but now appear to have pulled out, as have Vodafone. It seems Tiscali want too much.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…