Contacting BT

belcanto 18:46 23 Oct 07

Hi there-does anyone know how i can contact BT customer services. They were meant to have installed my phone line so that i could get broadband. I have been trying for last three months-been given two seperate dates and telphone numbers as too when the work will be done. Yest still I have no dial tone and hence no broadband.

I Have tried emailing them, got no response, also tried their so called customer service number (0800-022-3089). When i do get through it is to the customer service reception who put me in an interminable que (I have to call from either work or a pay phone).

I have previously been with virginmedia but they were as bad when it came to a service installation. Can anyone help?

TIA
Belcanto

Clapton is God 21:47 23 Oct 07
  dms05 11:17 24 Oct 07

It's a very common problem. I couldn't make contact (for the same reason as you) by telephone even when hanging on for 60 minutes. When I eventually made contact late one evening (after a 45 minute wait) I was told the helpline I needed closed an hour before my call. I wrote to the address widely published and never had a reply, even several months later. I emailed and eventually received a reply saying if I still needed help email again. Eventually I wrote to the Office of the Chairman (Google for it) and received a reply after 4 weeks. Then the OoC called me regularly.

So how did I solve my problem? I saw a BT Engineer up the pole from where my line originated. Unofficially he sorted it all out - and I had all I should have had if anyone in BT showed any level of competence.

I'm afraid you are dealing with a monopoly. A very fat monopoly and this is the type of service you get from fat monopoly suppliers.

My neighbour, with a similar problem, got so fed up he paid a 3rd party company to complete his installation and liase with BT. That worked in 5 days but cost £200. Spanish practices?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…