consumer rights

jonny_doe 13:27 06 Oct 06

its not pc related but any help will be grateful.
in my local area we have a massive sports shop complex,
but they do not have any changing rooms to try any sports wear or clothes on if you buy an item of clothing and the item doesnt fit they will not give you yor money back just a credit note is this legal any help would be grateful

Colin 14:20 06 Oct 06

That's an interesting point.
You would get your money back if the goods bought were faulty, but not usually if it's because they don't fit. However, as there is no facility to try the clothes on I can't see how they can use the credit note route.

Tim1964 16:04 06 Oct 06

I wonder if the 'unfit for the purpose' part of the Sale of Goods Act would apply in this situation?

ade.h 16:46 06 Oct 06

I think perhaps that it could.

Forum Editor 18:12 06 Oct 06

how are you possibly going to be sure it fits before you buy?

If you pay for something and subsequently discover that it doesn't fit you are quite entitled to ask for a refund. You don't have to accept a credit note at all.

spuds 22:57 06 Oct 06
  Totally-braindead 23:01 06 Oct 06

Regardless of the legality of the issue. I wouldn't buy from them if that was their attitude. If you removed the labels I could see their point but otherwise....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…