Consumer Rights

kingkenny 16:13 07 Mar 05

What rights does a consumer have when the displayed price of an item bought online comes down before the consumer has received delivery of these purchased goods?

Does the consumer have any right to claim back the difference in price?

Happy Soul 16:21 07 Mar 05

Swings and roundabouts.

Would the same apply if the cost of goods had gone UP?

wiz-king 16:38 07 Mar 05

The advertised price is only an 'offer to sell' you take it or leave it. Once you have placed the order you have agreed the price. You could try to talk down to the lower price and the company might as a gesture of goodwill reduce it - but they might not.

spuds 18:17 07 Mar 05

Some suppliers may charge the price applicable on the day of despatch, and their terms and conditions usually state that.

If the price that you have agreed via a on-line or mail order sale is a lot different to the new reduced price,then you could return the goods under the Consumer Protection [Distance Selling] Regulations 2000 within seven days. Then buy again at the new price, but you will be required to pay delivery-postage charges.

kingkenny 23:29 07 Mar 05

Thanks guys

was interested to find out the consensus on this one. I suppose its the price we pay for the the rate at which technology changes.

Cara2 23:31 07 Mar 05

Not a computer, but I ordered a coat online.

Whilst waiting for delivery, the price was reduced by a considerable amount.

I therefore re-ordered & when the first one arrived I returned it (actually, I was able to return it to a local branch of the online shop at no charge) and kept the cheaper coat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…