//some 3rd party need geo

Consumer Pressure Needed

Wilham 15:28 10 Dec 04

I note the General Medical Council this week has agreed (under pressure) to direct more attention to the patients' interest. Great.

Now I would like pressure applied to other organisations to pull up their socks. I have in mind three instances, all recent....

(i) Trojans, about one-a-day this week. Intercepted by Norton2003. Son-in-law says he also has them, - one week in batches and none the next. I know some Trojans I get are likely to be harmless pop-up ads, but can I be sure? Anyway, a nuisance.

I've looked at properties and noted the ever-changing source address with date, such as 80.44.210.171:3510 28/11/04. Collectively our ISP's could do something?

(ii) Had recorded 'phone calls telling me I've won a prize. Lists three items all worth £2k and I have to send SAE or ring 095... number. Closing date is next day or two, so post is out.

I suggest our telephone companies could do more to censure such use. Why should I have to pay to filter them out?

(iii)If I buy on eBay I like to pay with PayPal. But some sellers add a surcharge to buyers using it. This is clearly against the rules to which they've agreed. See under policy section (V)SURCHARGES....
click here

So widespread it seems irresponsible of PayPal to ignore it.

Thanks for letting me unload my grumbles.

TomJerry 16:01 10 Dec 04

One guy sells a tesco bag for life plastic bag (cost 10p) in ebay by marketing it as a fasion assessory as a laugh. He got many bids and finally sold it at £4.50 plus P&P.

It may be a good idea to think this story first if someone want to buy from Ebay.

Wilham 17:16 10 Dec 04

TomJerry, I know from your astute past observations you wouldn't be deflected by that for one moment. Just look at what some ladies sport for headware at Ascot, and at multiples of the price you give.

Now look at my example. I am not saying it is dishonest but it wouldn't pass Advertising Standards in National press... click here
Ebay have dynamic addresses so you may have to enter item 4058729676 in search box.

It is not illegal, though perhaps pointless to print the PayPal guarantee at the start and a money-back disclaimer near the end.

There are lots of this type of item and I'd have them listed under non-tangible items, if at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…