Connecting My Samsung 7" Galaxy Tab to my TV

ramyramsdale 14:39 PM 26 Dec 12

Hi Guys, Would it be possible to connect my Samsung 7"Galaxy Tab to my TV the same as you would a Laptop? via a HDMI cable? Please keep it as simple as possible as im a Dinosaur !Thanks, Paul

rickf 16:39 PM 26 Dec 12

as long as there is a hmdi socket on the tablet then yes.

ramyramsdale 17:04 PM 26 Dec 12

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear, there ls NO hdmi socket on my tablet.would it be possible to connect to a TV without a hdmi socket on my tab?

SillBill 20:37 PM 26 Dec 12

Check out the MHL Micro USB to HDMI Adapters on line (Google) to see if your Samsung is compatible.

SillBill 20:40 PM 26 Dec 12

You may also need a micro to mini USB adaptor.

Gordon Freeman 00:02 AM 27 Dec 12

I have a Samsung galaxy sIII so connection of your tab should be the same I think. If so, you have 2 options:

1. MHL Micro USB to HDMI Adapter c.£20 as mentioned, and

2. c£50 for the WiFi gizmo from Samsung - Samsung AllShare Cast Dongle.

If going for the MHL option make sure it's Samsung original as they have done something to the USB config meaning fakes/non genuine Samsung items won't work.

I have tried both and would recommend either as they both work well, but prefer the dongle as you can operate your phone/tab from the sofa. With the MHL option you are restricted by the length of cable which means you would need to position your tab/phone close to the tv and have access to a 240v power supply too...it uses your phone/tab mains charging plug.

Gordon Freeman 10:41 AM 27 Dec 12

Meant to add, for the MHL option you will also need a separate HDMI lead; couple of quid for a 1m length one from Amazon.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites