Connecting internet-streamed radio to my hi-fi

kenwyn 09:43 24 Nov 03

I have bought the cable so I can now connect from the speaker- out jack on my PC to the AUX on the hi-fi.
By turning up the sound cards volume, I can get reasonable quality sound through the stereo without hiking up the hi-fi's volume control, but there is still an annoying electrical 'buzz' emanating from the stereo's speakers. Is this originating from the PC, or an inherent feature of this kind of'unnatural' connection? Any advice on how to minimise the buzz greatly received.

Stuartli 13:18 24 Nov 03

Are you using the correct Line Out socket for your sound card - some cards have more than one.

Also check that the volume/mixer panel is set for maximum output from the Line Out socket(s); double click the Volume icon in the task bar to bring up the mixer panel. Check too that the mute has not been enabled...:-)

Stuartli 13:20 24 Nov 03

I see you are using the Speakers socket - the same thoughts apply with regard to the volume level.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…